Tips for your first Triathlon
Thinking of signing up to your first triathlon but don’t know where to start?
With the 2014/2015 season fast approaching, now is the time to get guidance from the experts and Rebekah Keat, Professional Triathlete and Ambassador for the Australian Triathlon Endurance and Cycling (ATEC) Expo, is the perfect coach!
1. Create achievable goals and map out a training plan. It is easier to stick to a workout plan that is structured and regimented weekly.
2. Listen to your body and be careful not to overdo it. Don’t feel guilty about taking a day off!
3. Focus only on yourself and your progress. Don’t get caught up with others around you wanting to do more.
4. Keep hydrating. Be sure to drink enough water and replenish electrolytes – that’s a litre an hour under normal conditions and up to 1.52 litres in hotter conditions.
5. Diet is key. Stick to a balanced diet, but load up on fruit and vegetables to fulfil your mineral requirements.
The inaugural Australian Triathlon, Endurance and Cycling (ATEC) Expo will tap into the surging momentum of Australia’s multisports industry and has an exciting line up of exhibitors and expert ambassadors.
For more information on the ATEC Expo, visit www.atecexpo.com.au